CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2018 GRADUATES! Join us for Graduate Sunday on May 20. We will recognize our graduates during the 11 AM worship service in The Harbor (Family Life Center). Click HERE for a list of all our graduates.
STAYING IN THE LOOP
Make sure you check us out on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Facebook! Follow us at "belinyouth."
G.R.I.T.S. (Girls Raised In The Spirit)
Click HERE for the schedule of our girls summer discipleship group for current 5th-12th graders (pre-graduation). Contact Austin Bond to be added to the G.R.I.T.S. email list.
The "Youth Weekly Update" by email provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about the youth program at Belin. If you are not already receiving the weekly update, please sign up by contacting Austin Bond, email@example.com.
REGISTRATIONS AND FORMS
- OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD PROCESSING CENTER WAIVER
- G.R.I.T.S. Permission (print form)
- MS MISSION TRIP (print form)
- MS MISSION TRIP (electronic permission)
- HS MISSION TRIP (print form)
- HS MISSION TRIP (electronic permission)
- SALKEHATCHIE TRIPS (print form)
- SALKEHATCHIE TRIPS (electronic permission)
- YOUTH COUNCIL APPLICATION 2018-2019
- YOUTH MEDICAL RELEASE FORM 2018-2025
- SAFE SANCTUARY VOLUNTEER APPLICATION (Background Check Authorization)
- PRAYER BREAKFAST PERMISSION FORM (PRINT VERSION)
- PRAYER BREAKFAST PERMISSION FORM / ONLINE
YOUTH MEAL SIGN UP and YOUTH GROUP ATTENDANCE
Join us for Sunday school as we explore various biblical topics and life application lessons.
10 AM - 10:45 AM in the Family Life Center
SIXTH GRADE CONFIRMATION STUDY
Once children enter sixth grade, they participate in youth Sunday school and youth ministries. The sixth grade confirmation class meets in the small dining room in the Family Life Center. Our sixth graders are engaged in confirmation study that focuses on our history and heritage as Methodists, what it means to be a Christian and a Methodist, and living as a disciple in our world. Confirmation study starts in September and finishes in April. Upon completion of their Confirmation study, sixth graders become members of the church on a special Confirmation Sunday.
MIDDLE SCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL
The seventh and eighth graders meet together and study living as Christian teens. The Middle School class meets in the Family Life Center in the Middle School Classroom (room #11).
HIGH SCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL
The senior high class (9th grade - 12th grade) engages in more in-depth Bible study and helps provide a support system for dealing with issues faced by teens. This class meets in the Family Life Center in the High School Classroom (room #12).
YOUTH MISSION STATEMENT:
Through fellowship and worship, our mission is to learn of and share God's grace and compassion in order to make followers of Christ. With missions and outreach, we will strive to grow spiritually and spread God's love.
YOUTH GROUP - UNITED METHODIST YOUTH FELLOWSHIP (UMYF)
6th-12th graders are invited to join us on Sunday nights (September-April) for Youth Group from 5:15 PM - 7:50 PM. We meet in the Family Life Center where we share in a small group lesson and discussion, have announcements, play games, fellowship, and share a meal together. All 6th-12th graders are welcome whether or not your family attends worship services at Belin Memorial or not. Of course, we would love to see you at one of our four Sunday morning worship services too!
- Pawleys Island Prayer Breakfast (Waccamaw schools) meets every first Tuesday of the month at 7 AM during the school year at St. Paul's Waccamaw United Methodist Church's Youth Building. Pawleys Island Prayer Dinner meets every third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM at the home of Austin Bond (contact Austin for address/directions).
- Murrells Inlet Prayer Breakfast (St. James schools) meets every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 7 AM during the school year at Chick-fil-A in Murrells Inlet.
- Prayer Breakfast does not meet when school is out of session or on the fifth Tuesday of the month.
The purpose of Youth Council is for a majority of youth to gather with adults to help discuss our ministry with youth. They help make decisions and hard choices concerning the direction of the youth ministry. The youth serving on Youth Council are committed to being leaders in the youth ministry and share not only their time with the youth, but also the rest of the church congregation. They meet monthly as scheduled.
2017-2018 YOUTH COUNCIL:
President: Catherine Morris
High School Vice President: Lawson Devers
Middle School Vice President: MK McElveen
Secretary: Ashlyn Elkins
Treasurer: Adrian Anderson
Representatives: Lawton Branham, James Henry Lunetta
Director of Youth Ministry: Austin Bond, firstname.lastname@example.org, 843.798.0222
Youth Coordinator: Samantha Saber
2017-2018 YOUTH WORKERS:
Suzanne Adams, Eileen Anderson, Katharine Bond, CC Caldwell, William Caswell, Kevin Conlon, Alice DuRant, Jessica Flynn, Karen Foster, Ben Griffith, Dori Grimes, Bryson Grove, Christie Higdon, Michael Hudak, Judy Irish, Jimmy Justice, Misty Justice, Colleen Lewis, Lynn Martin, Mary Anna Neill, Eric O’Harra, Tiffany O’Harra, Mike Poulin, Valerie Richardson, Buddy Satterfield, Ashley Springs, Wilson Springs